Try our Data Now!
Uncover new insights using a wide breadth of coverage for your research and analysis as only provided by Global Financial Data.
Dr. Bryan Taylor, President and Chief Economist of Global Financial Data, has written hundreds of articles that illustrate the value of long-term data as provided by GFD. Historical analysis of complete data using all data points available will generate cutting edge investment strategies.
These articles use information from the UK Equities and the US Equities to evaluate the performance of global markets over the past three centuries and compare the performance of stocks in different sectors of the market as well as different countries over several market cycles. The correlation of these markets will allow you to analyze stock market behavior and examine long-term returns to investors that others cannot capture.
The articles below illustrate the value of complete data and exemplify the breadth of coverage provided by GFD. The articles analyze various aspects of financial markets including exchange rates, interest rates, total returns, foreign currency markets and other topics in economics and finance. There is no limit to the research you can perform using GFD Finaeon.
- Are There Seasonal Patterns in Interest Rates?
- Paying off Government Debt
- Seven Centuries of Government Bond Yields
- A History of Universal Currencies
- Can Investors Profit from Devaluations?
- Which Came First, the Goose or the Golden Egg?
Stock Market Research
- A Brief History of the Dow Jones Utility Average
- Are You Ready for the Bubble of the 2020s?
- Expansionism: The Impact of the Fed’s Monetary Regime on the Equity Risk Premium
- Los Angeles During the 1929 Stock Market Crash
- The Death of Equities
- The Equity Risk Premium
- GFD Guide to Best and Worst Investment Periods in the 20th Century
- GFD Guide to Bull and Bear Markets in the 20th Century
- GFD Guide to Total Returns
- Stimulus for the 21st Century
- Déjà Vu Again and Again
- Greece: Kicking the Can
- Taylor’s Ten: The Deficit Stops Here!
- The Fraud of the Prince of Poyais on the London Stock Exchange
- Trade Also Serves the Cause of Peace
Learn more about Global Financial Data:
Start your trial account today for access to the Dow 30 and see the benefits of using GFD Finaeon for your research and analysis.
Learn more about what our data can do for you today!
REQUEST A DEMO with a GFD Finaeon Specialist
For over 25 years Global Financial Data has been providing alternative historical economic and financial data that can't be found anywhere else. Use our demo request form to schedule a demo and find out more about how GFD Finaeon can meet your institutional needs.
Dr. Bryan Taylor, Chief Economist, Global Financial Data Financial markets have evolved over time. The relationship between stocks and bonds differed in each of the eras that Global Financial Data has designated in the past: Mercantilism (1602-1800),...read more
GFD has calculated a global index of stocks that begins in 1602 and continues until the present. With this index, we can track the changes in global stock markets over the past 400 years, determine when bear markets occurred and study the causes of those bear markets....read more
At about $1 trillion, Brazil’s stock market is among the twenty largest stock markets in the world, equal to about half of the country’s GDP. The first stock exchange opened in Brazil in 1817, the Rio de Janeiro Stock Exchange opened in 1820, and the Sao Paulo Stock...read more